Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Our Garden!!!

Kyle and I have been working on getting our garden in since last summer and now this spring we finnally have one planted!!! Yay!! I'm so excited to see how well it does. This was a pretty huge project too because we didn't originally have a plot for a garden. We had to tear up all of the sod ourselves and that was basically all we were able to do last summer. Well, we did till it and we did put in railroad ties on two of the four sides before it started snowing. We finished putting in the railroad ties on the other two sides this spring as soon as the ground thawed enough.
 
Then, because we now have Leo, our puppy, we decided we had better put some sort of fence around the garden otherwise we wouldn't have and kind of garden once Leo was done playing in ti, LOL. So we bought some hog panel and some T-posts and put up a fence. We even made a gate that clips to the chain link fence and swings quite nicely if I do say so myself.


 
There's my honey tilling the garden to soften up the dirt so we can finally plant!!!

 These are our nice rows we made. :) We're going to try planting quite a few varieties of things but there won't be too large of quantities until we figure out what will grow well and what we like the best. Then maybe we'll have to change what we're planting. We're gonna do two full rows of corn but we're going to plant them about two weeks apart so we can have corn all summer long. Yay!!!

ghdhj

 
Ok, so I was wanting to paint something one day and we had a ton of rocks on the side of our house and I thought, perfect, I'll paint those. I had seen on Pinterest that someone had done this for their garden and I thought that I would steal their idea and do it for my garden. I had a lot of fun making them even though I might have made a spelling mistake.... can you find it? I also had to add three more rocks that aren't shown here. 


 
Here's the finished product with the rocks all in the garden. If you look closely, I don't know if you can see them here, we even have some plants up!!



No comments:

Post a Comment